Who We Are
The Faraja Cancer Support Trust was founded in 2010 with the aim of providing emotional, practical and healing support to anyone affected by cancer. We offer cancer patients and their carers information, advice, counselling and complementary therapies in order to make their cancer journey a little more manageable.
We work alongside several institutions and hospitals that offer conventional cancer treatments such as radiotherapy, chemotherapy and surgery. We aim to take our patients beyond medical treatment through offering them a holistic approach to coping with the challenges of cancer.
At Faraja, we are committed to ensuring all our services are appropriate and accessible to patients regardless of their culture, ethnicity, nationality, gender, age, socio-economic background or physical ability. We understand that the emotional impact of cancer is difficult not only for patients, but also for their loved ones, who need to be emotionally and physically well in order to help patients heal. We therefore also welcome carers of cancer patients to make use of our services.
- As well as providing complementary therapies for our clients, we hope to do the following:
- Raise awareness of cancer in Kenya
- Establish ourselves as a knowledge hub for information on cancer in Kenya
- Improve access to cancer-related products such as prosthesisís and sleeves
- Assist in mobilising financial support for patients who cannot afford medical treatment